Monday, September 02, 2013

Hard to believe it is September.

It feels like summer just got started.  The weekend in Edmonton has been wonderful weatherwise, but pretty lowkey otherwise.  Allison came over on saturday night and we watched Game of Thrones together.  Sunday, Sam had me over for supper with Nancy,pork  chops, yummm.  Today I am going to start trying to get organised for the sale of the condo.  Theresa gave me some good advice, do an hour a day and then it won't seem so overwhelming.

 I had a good trip to Rocky last week, though the time flew by, I think because of the good company.  I got to see lots of Grady, not so much of Kane because he was at his Dads part of the time. Grady is growing like crazy, and I am pretty sure he gave me a real smile, not just gas.  Kane wasn't feeling too good on Saturday night and Baba had to clean up some throwup during her babysitting stint.  Theresa and I went out to the Twisted Barn on Saturday afternoon, a wool shop just outside of Rocky.  I could have spent hours there, so much cool wool.

I am going to Medicine Hat on the 22nd to catch up with the cousins.


9 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I would do several hours each day - but work an hour then take a half hour or so break. It really takes a long time to get ready to move.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

and I'm just saying from my experience: always better to try and push harder / longer at the beginning, so things feel more under control near the end.

11:56 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

How long in MH for?
Moving is hard! Though feels cleansing to get rid of stuff.
We were ready within a month, but once I get started on stuff it is hard for me to take it easy, which Richard will attest to.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You were also a bit crabby / stressed during that time, if I remember correctly.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I will just be there 3 or 4 days. I find the hard part starting, I can think of all kinds of reasons to delay.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Start with a defined space -- like storage closet!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What I meant was if you tell yourself you will do only an hour, it helps get yourself started. At least it works for me.

5:54 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I was very stressed about move. Thus I overprepared and had to pull things out of boxes as still needed to use them before move.
I kept getting insomnia and would wake up in middle of night.
All that being said, I sure am happy we moved!
Agree-defined space is easiest-then doesn't seem like so much.
Yes, just getting started is hardest part, once you start you think, 'well I'm doing it anyway, I might as well keep going'

6:51 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Another way I've heard of to get started: 20 minutes work, 10 minutes rest. Do as many of those as you feel energy for in a row. Even shorter than 1 hour!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home