Saturday, February 02, 2013

It it hard to believe that January is done and we are already in February, that should take care of the January blues but maybe not the February blues ( hopefully they will be light blue not dark).  Things are good here, had some very cold weather at the beginning of the week -36 without wind chill.  But on Friday it got to +5 that makes me tired the wild swings in the weather but I try to think that it is the down hill slid to spring, might be a long slide but still. 

We are planning to go to Vegas in March, will book the hotel and flights this weekend.  We have never been and are both looking forward to it.  March will be busy as I am going to Bob Seger with Judith and  I think Jim also.  I can hardly wait for both, hopefully February will go as fast as January. 

Does anyone have any good books or authors to recommend, I am looking for something new to read and need some inspiration.  Please help me out.

Wilf is going to north of Fort Nelson this week so I will be alone all week, I have talked to Henry and Ally and they will come over one night for supper, it will be good to have them over.  They seem to be settling in here, Ally starts her new job on Monday and Henry on Tuesday.

Today is Dad's birthday and I am thinking about him lots.  some how the birthday's where we celebrated with Fred stand out in my mind, the one in Prince George where they were both smoking the big stogies.  Makes me laugh. 

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Here's an author - Phil Rickman. He is English, writes mysteries about an Anglican priest. Very good books, I know Will will vouch for them. Also Jo Nesbo writes good books too. Have you read any by Denise Mina? Her books are great. Also Kate Atkinson.

7:16 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Columbine about the school shootings was good-David Cullen wrote it

This Love is Not for Cowards By Robert Powell

Turn of Mind by Alice Powell

Miss Peregrine's Homw for peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Shelter by Francis Greenslade

The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson

The Optimism Bias by Tali Sharot

Also the Hunger Games series if you haven't read them yet.

7:55 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

We had lots of fun in Las Vegas last year.
The Mob Museum is good-it is in the old Las Vegas courthouse.
Also Cirque de Soleil-Love.

Wear good shoes, there is a lot of walking there.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm excited you guys are going to see Bob Seger!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home