Monday, January 14, 2013

New projects

So, I still haven't heard back from my supervisors as to whether I passed the exams, but did hear some sad news. One supervisor's mom died in early January, so she is out of town and understandably out of touch. So this will delay. But I do feel good about them, and so I am not going to get anxious about it. In the meantime, I am working on my proposal -- it has to grow to about 60ish pages, so I have a use for which I can use all those reading-list-exam notes.

***BREAKING NEWS FLASH***
I just got the email: I PASSED EXAMS!!

And, I have a new thing I am working on. A woman with the prison committee is doing a monthly writing group (taking over for a couple of volunteers who did it before and can't any more) -- and I will be the second volunteer! I am very excited. We've talked with the inmate librarian about how it might work, and what things people enjoyed doing in the last workshops -- lots of super interesting ideas. Some writing prompts, but also maybe getting the women involved to write based on pictures, or music, or other things.

I am enjoying my leave immensely. It's amazing to be able to completely organize my own day. I must, however, be careful of not falling into sloth. Or overvolunteering.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

You Rock!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

YAYYYYY well done!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Allison, I am very proud of you.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

sniffle. thank you guys!

2:53 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

thats awesome - but all that worry for naught

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home