Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The depths of winter

When I have time and inclination to post, that means nothing much is happening to post about.

We are in the worst part of the year as far as I am concerned. Still the middle of winter and I am still feeling blah. The weather has been awful, cold with lots of snow today. I injured my back standing in the shower on Sunday and it has been really sore all week which has not helped my mood at all.

We stopped over to visit Courtney and Kane the other day and when it was time for us to go, the little guy just cried and cried. He lay down on the floor sobbing, I mean real crying, not a tantrum. We felt terrible for breezing in, upsetting him and taking off again to leave Courtney to take care of it all.
It's only a couple of weeks until they leave for Hawaii, then we get Booboo for a few days. Looking forward to it. Jude has begged to visit while he is here, so I guess we will let her. But she will owe us big time.

Geoff has been plugging away at the basement and it is now possible to see the end of that project. We have also been clearing stuff out of the basement basement. Anne told us she had gone through all her stuff but there are still about 20 boxes there. I think she has forgotten about the stuff she left here a couple of moves ago.

Geoff has got a job sort of lined up and is just waiting for the paperwork to go through Calgary. (Around here everything goes through Calgary.) Just as well he's not working in this weather. 




Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Yes I do owe you you big time, how will I ever repay you?

8:50 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Article we read aloud at community meeting today said to combat January blahs:
1)wear bright clothes
2) go outside
3) vitamin D

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that today alberta is warming up nicely - you'll probably get sun too - it has been almost totally cloudy here since the holidays - not cold but juat blah - the only time I miss winter there. you all including Jude will enjoy your time iwth Kane. Happy travels to Tim and courtney. I still find the odd thing from all my kids past in boxes and drawers - after all these years.

7:47 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

that shud be mom not anon

7:49 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sad little dude. sniff.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home