Thursday, January 31, 2013

An Eclectic Week

So on Monday night I went to my first Oiler game with my minipac.    It was very exciting to me.  My team won against the Avs, but I was a bit disappointed that Gabriel Landeskog was not playing for the Avs, he might have a concussion.  My seat is in a good spot.  Then on Wednesday I went to the opera with Allison.  She has a friend who is in the chorus and gave us comp tickets to the dress rehearsal.  There were several school groups there, and I was a bit apprehensive that they would be noisy during the  performances, but they were not and seemed to really enjoy the show.  During the intermissions members of the opera in their costumes were out in the lobby, mingling with the guests answering questions.  It was really fun.

On Saturday I had a long day at work, I worked the regular shift from 10 to 3, then we had a wine and cheese for the teachers who are in out building to mark departmental exams.  It was crazy, there were people all over, all the dressing rooms were full and we made a LOT of sales.  I left around 6, and the rest of the ladies were there until 8. 


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Apparently Laura looked for us during intermission to say hello, but couldn't find us -- so she hugged a bunch of little kids instead.

11:14 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

School teachers are good customers!

2:46 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Busy, busy, busy and fun / fun/ fun what opera was it?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Tales of Hoffman, I had never heard of it before.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home