Thursday, January 17, 2013

In other news

Life is moving along in its' January slowness. Except at work, which has been quite busy. Not in a bad way, for me at least, but busy nonetheless. Why do people keep arriving at hospital? Flu season? Unhappy? Life getting them down? Needing increased care? I don't know, we have not been crazy busy on our floor, but the rest of the hospital has been non-stop. Which eventually affects us. I was walking into work and thinking, 'I feel like I am doing more than 1 job at the moment'. Which normally happens for me, being educator, you end up doing some of everything. Or at least on our floor that is the case. Which makes my job interesting and always changing, which is good, it keeps me interested. But every so often I feel that I would like it to slow down just a bit. Today was also very busy, but I was mostly focussed on 1 patient for the morning, so really it helped me feel less like being-pulled-in-all-directions, as compared to yesterday when I was doing groups on the unit and orienting a person who was new to the unit and doing a few other things as well.

I have an essay due in my course already-for this upcoming Tuesday. Apparently, I am becoming laissez-faire about writing, as I am quite fine about doing it the weekend before. When I started school for my bachelor's, I was all 'I have to write this as soon as possible because it will take me forever' Now I am all 'Whatever, I'll do it and get it done in time to hand in'

It is an interdisciplinary course and the social worker from our unit is in it. We are in a group together, along with another nurse from Alberta, who is quite lovely. I feel optimistic about it. The group that is, the course, who knows?

We have Family Day now! Hurrah for another stat! I wonder if we will go to Hotsprings? Maybe I could convince Richard to go to Vancouver for a couple nights?


10 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I have the January blahs. Maybe I should check into your unit for some therapy.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Everyone feels the January blahs! I was in the prison and someone told me that everyone there was kind of down as well.

You do get your own room at the unit, Theresa. But I hear the food isn't great.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Maybe we smuggle some good food into unit for Theresa.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm thinking the people in prison probably feel worse than I do.

11:31 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Some people report the food is ok, but you are always welcome to bring your own.
Plus I hear the educator is really helpful.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

However, the educator will tell you that you have leukemia.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This site needs like buttons.

11:25 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I like to get things out in the open so people can deal with it. Aren't you better off knowing the worst?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Lisa, you are just a truth teller and always have been

8:03 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Like

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home