Saturday, January 19, 2013

Coincidence

I had a funny thing happen today.  I was meeting with a family about a funeral.  The service is for a woman who died yesterday.  She was fairly young, in her fifties, and I married her and her husband this fall.  They knew she was dying, and wanted to spend their last months together married. 

Anyway, it was quite a crowd - there was her brother and sister, her parents, her husband and his brother and sister in law, and a family friend.  Pat, the woman who died, was from Alberta, near Lethbridge, and we got to talking about Alberta.  I told them I was from Rocky, and as it turned out, her brother, David, had lived in Rocky for a few years in the late eighties and early nineties.  He asked who my parents were, but didn't recognize their names.  His mother then told me that she had worked in the Red Deer Health Unit, so I told her and David that Grandma had worked at the Rocky Health Unit.  She asked what grandma's name was, and  much to my surprise David said "Now that name seems familiar..."

It took him a while to think of why, but he worked in the Health Unit building! 

It's a small world!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

six degrees of separation

8:04 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It is indeed!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

All roads lead to Rocky

8:20 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Update: had the funeral this afternoon. Talked to David after, and he said that in addition to working in the same building, he thought that Grandma may have worked for him for an election. Is this plausible?

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home