Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August is flying by

When it has been busy I don't get around to posting because of the time, when it's not busy, there's nothing to say. And it has been busy all of August. Jude was here on the long weekend. Also Dick, Jo and Heather were staying out at the lake so we visited with them out there one evening. My friend Linda came out from Red Deer for brunch on the Sunday so that was another good visit. I had to work the long weekend Monday but nobody here seemed to miss me that day. Jude went back to the city with Grace on Tuesday. Will arrived Thursday, just basically exited his car and entered ours to go for Folkfest. We wanted to go Thursday night because of Corb Lund. Laura got us a real good tarp spot and Corb was great. The rest of the weekend has been covered elsewhere, I just have to say again that it was an especially good fest this year. I took Monday off too so we didn't have to rush home Sunday night.

Will is still here, does not have to leave until Thursday. The weather has been really good so he has had a lot of time to relax in the yard, rising only to pick a few saskatoons for a snack.

This weekend was the trail run around the lake, I am on the committee for that, so I volunteered Geoff, Grace and Will to help. It was fun being there, another beautiful day and lots of people running - about 250. Kane had a sleepover here Saturday night. Tim and Courtney had been in Calgary visiting Courtney's dad (he is going through treatments for leukemia and was out on a day pass), and left Kane here so they could have an evening out. That is a very busy baby. He is walking now and so interested in everything. Good thing we had four people to spell off making sure he didn't fall down any stairs.

Will and I went to the chuckwagon races on Sunday afternoon. That was a lot of fun, it's like a whole other world. The races are very exciting. Then Sunday night we went to Tim's for supper and had a good time eating on the new deck, visiting and playing with Kane. That kid just loves Geoff.

We felt quite touched when Tim asked if we would be OK with Kane calling us Grandma and Grandpa. But I asked if I could be Baba. It seems to be a sound Kane makes a lot so I like to think he is talking to me.

And summer carries on. The weather is still nice, although it is supposed to rain tonight. The garden is doing really well, we had all kinds of veggies from it for supper tonight.

Sam and Nancy are supposed to be coming tomorrow night, they are planning on camping on the weekend. I think everyone is going out for a drink tomorrow night before Will leaves, except me, I will stay with Kane. Which is just what I want to do. Can't get enough of that kid.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I note that Kane is figuring predominantly in your post. It's like you enjoy babies or something.

Why you be crying at your Baba's house?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I love that you want to be Baba!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home