Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Four Strong Winds

has been sung and FF is over for another year.  This year was just about perfect, my raingear remained buried in my backpack and the weather was not too hot.  In a bit of a change this year, we showed up for the tarp lottery all 4 days, and got fantastic tarp locations every single day.  A new face on the tarp this year (Dallyn) and a couple of returnees (Will and Grace).  I think everyone else also had a great time.  On every night there was someone who stood out for me, Corb Lund, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt.  And I also had several acts I had never heard of before but now I am a new fan, Trampled by Turtles, Bahamas, New Country Rehab.






6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

The whole weekend was magical. It seemed as if the way was paved for us the entire time, starting with finding tickets for Dallyn, Geoff and Will even after the weekend was sold out. Then the tarp placements were all almost at the same spot each day, just the right distance from the stage. And we had parking - thanks, Dallyn! I got the impression another FF fan has been gathered into the fold.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Wish Anne, Lisa and Tim could have been there too.

11:08 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Wait a second-wasn't Geoff not going?
I wish I had been there too!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's right but on Thursday he found a weekend pass on kijiji for less than the face price so decided to come along. We got a pass for Will from someone on the Rocky buy and swap site, and Grace found a pass for Dallyn on kijiji. We couldn't believe our luck.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wish I could have been there! Sadface.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Grace's dress looks good though.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home