Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Holidays Are Here!

Hurray hurray, I'm on my way!  Well, almost.  Off to Kelowna on the 9 am ferry tomorrow, then on to Rocky and Edmonton on Thursday.  I'm very much looking forward  to seeing Grandma and Lisa and Richard and to folk fest.

It's been a long slog - not particularly tough, but lots going on, and now since Peter retired, I'm the fellow who makes most of the decisions.  I was in a meeting tonight til 10 - meeting about one thing that morphed into general discussions, and on and on.  I will be glad to be on holidays.  We have had lots of stuff going on - a vacation bible school, three kids doing baptismal preparation, in addition to celebrating and preaching at most of the Sunday services, visiting four care homes, and the usual roster of people in the hospital.  About the only thing that I don't enjoy is picking the hymns for Sunday.  We use 4 different books across the services, and I'm supposed to try and match the hymns to the themes of the day, or the readings.  There are resources to help, but then I find that we don't know the ones that they're suggesting, and I always end up with a headache.  There'll be a part time interim minister coming in September, so I'm hoping I can shuffle hymn picking off on to him.

But mostly it's great.  Today I managed to go for lunch with a colleague, have espresso at a parishioner's house, and hang out with three kids who are going to be baptised in October.  Pretty hard to complain about a day like that.

I will be glad to get away from the weather - it's quite humid here, which I hate.  Sunday was hot hot - 30 degrees plus humidity.  There I was all dressed up for church!  Luckily the evening service was cancelled, so I came home, put on shorts, and spent the day reading in the shade. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home