Thursday, August 02, 2012

Busy Couple of Weeks

After 3 months of enjoying the relaxed lifestyle in Kelowna, my return to Edmonton has been very busy.  I started work on July 23, my training day.  I was a bit nervous because I have not really had to use my brain too much in the last year, but everything went well.  On Tuesday, Vicky and I hopped in her car and took our road-trip to Rosebud.  On the way there we went via Camrose, where we stopped and went through the railroad museum.  It was very cool, in honour of the Queen's 60th year, they had a display of her early trips to Canada, most of the traveling was done by train.  There were lots of pictures.  As I was going through it, it made me think of uncle George and his time on the railroad.  At one time Camrose had 3 different railway lines going through it.  After lunch in Camrose, next stop Stettler.  We stopped at a great store there, it had quilting things as well as knitting stuff.  I am always amazed at the variety of wool there is available, and each knitting store seems to carry different brands.  We had supper in Drumheller, stopped at the giant dinosaur. 

I loved Rosebud, such a cute little place.  Our B&B was wonderful, the rooms were very big and it had a great lounge area for reading, visiting, doing puzzles or playing games.  We met a couple of other guests there who were at a school reunion there, U of A, Class of 64 agriculture.  After breakfast (served by one of the actors from Anne of Green Gables), we toured the town, had lunch and attended the play.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The lady at the B&B had seen it and said the production was better than the one in Charlottetown.  The actors were just as I imagined Anne, Marilla, Mathew, Gilbert etc. would be.  The show was a matinee, so after it was over we zipped to the QE2 and were home by 7:30.  Vicky is a good person to travel with, very interested in everything.

I worked on Thursday and Friday, at the store.  On Thursday evening Sam took me out for supper to Rigolettos, where I had the baked rigatoni, one day I have to expand my horizons and have something different.  the weekend was fairly low key, Sunday was a pajama day, after all the stuff the previous week.  I am working 4 days this week, and Evelyn just got back from vacation, so I will not be working as many days in the future.  I really enjoy the store, it has been pretty busy so the time goes by quickly.  On Tuesday, Sam, Grace and Daylon and I went out for Thai food.  Sadly the Boun Thai has closed, but the Bua Thai is a good replacement.  Yesterday I went over the the coffee shop, and who did I see there but the old owner of the Boun Thai having coffee with Maureen (owner of the coffee shop).  I told him I missed him (and his restaurant).  I guess the rent for his space was jacked up so high that they had to let the space go.  His sister in law owns the Bua Thai.

I have a day off today, and some running around to do, work tomorrow, then to Rocky on Saturday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I'm glad you can find some time for a visit here.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Me too!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home