Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ticket and Feast of fields

We went to Feast of Fields today-yum. It was a lovely setting and good food, but H-O-T. We had to keep finding a tree to sit and stand under, and I think we still got a bit pink. Some good wine too.
We went to beach yesterday with  friends and brought along a couple beers. Apparently police were doing patrols and ticketing-$235! They seemed to feel badly about doing it, the cop kept saying, "Oh, that's too bad" in her Quebequois accent and  after giving ticket said, "you just weren't quick enough, why didn't you get rid of them?" I think it's because when they came up, I confessed immediately. I would make a terrible criminal. "Officer, I cannot tell a lie, it is our beer'. She did let us take the other ones back to the car though. We split the ticket. Maybe I should feel more outraged, but really, I feel like, well, they're just doing their job, and I was in the wrong, although not doing anything obnoxious. The couple we were with were crabbier about it, but if you're a rule breaker, you take your chances. I did read in the paper that they were targeting this, this summer, but have not seen them doing it.
If I lived in Rocky, we might be in the police report!
It has been above 30 for at least 2 weeks-summer was late this year, but it seems to be making up for it.
I go for a pedicure tomorrow-hot stone-because it has more massaging in it.
I wish I had been able to go to Folk fest-it looks like it was fun, as always.



3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

So I guess you won't be fighting your ticket.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Dad would not approve of just paying a ticket without a fight. And yes, you would be in the police report.

11:07 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I did think of him-he would've fought it and won.
I give in too easy.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home