Tuesday, February 07, 2012

La Mesa

That is the name of the neighborhood I am staying in, also known as the beaches, because this part of town is where you can get down to the beach. I like being in a residential area, it is so quiet that you can hear the waves at night. Hardly any traffic because Cooper Road ends in a T intersection and there is only one block if you turn right and about four blocks if you turn left, so not too many houses to access. I feel pretty pleased with my decision to rent this place. I like walking around the neighborhood, the yards are really nice, lots of places have lemon, lime or orange trees growing in them. I passed a place the other day that had a small box with limes in it, and a sign that said please take. And the spring flowers are coming out, I saw white narcissus, daffodils and some iris.

Just about a block away is The Douglas Family Preserve, it was going to be a new subdivision, but residents got organised and raised money to save the land,they did not have enough and at the last minute Michael Douglas gave a big chunk of money, and they were able to save it from development. Stuart said that the views of the sunset are amazing from there, I have not gone yet, but maybe tomorrow, and I will take some pics, can't have enough pictures of sunsets.

I took the bus in the other direction yesterday, which ended up at a mall. I always think of malls as being enclosed so it seems a bit weird when it is not. I know it was a weekday afternoon, but it was so quiet there as well. SB has about 90,000 people living in it, so not a huge city.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Make sure you have gin and tonic on hand to go with your limes.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

only 5 more sleeps. Sounds like a wonderful place.

4:34 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

For some reason I thought Santa Barbara was larger?
I hope you took some limes. Get Mom to go by there and bring some back here

5:36 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Will Mom be able to look innocent at customs?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

No G&T, but I may go to the drug store and get some.

I have been looking, and found a few things to do while you and Mom are here Laura.

I thought it was larger too.

I can't believe you Lisa, encouraging Mom to start a life of crime.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home