Saturday, February 04, 2012

Santa Barbara

So as requested by Allison here is a bit of a summary of the first couple of days. Downtown is not as close as I thought, I must have misunderstood Stuart (landlord) but I think I am happier being farther out. The beach is very close, but there are many stairs to get down to it. On Thursday I walked down to the beach then took a long walk along it. I saw some surfers, and a few a people walking dogs, or just walking but mostly had the place to myself. It is very soothing to sit and listen and watch waves go in and out. So far every day has been sunny with blue blue sky, there does not seem to be a problem with smog here. Then yesterday I decided to walk downtown, I had a map and it did not look too far. Of course it was farther then it looked, but a very beautiful walk, the ocean on the left, sun shining it was great. Downtown is very cool, lots of local stores, the mall which is outdoors and restaurants. The Santa Barbara film festival is on right now so as I was walking I looked for famous people but did not see any. To get home I took the bus as my legs were very sore. It only takes about 15 minutes to get home and the bus stop is just down the street from my apartment.

There is an Albertsons about 10 or 15 minutes walk from my place, so on Wednesday I made a trip to the store and bought some groceries, including some imported fruit (apples from BC).

Here is the link to my place I have no pictures yet as I brought the wrong cable for my camera, but I picked one up while I was downtown, so pictures will be coming.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous bethsivak said...

Hey Jude - the place looks very appealing - how many stairs to the beach? I love the look of Santa Barbara, but the bus sounds more appealing than the walk into town - see you in just over a week

11:10 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I think it is around 80 steps, but there are a couple of landings with benches for resting.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Fruit (except imported fruit) tastes better in California, I think.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home