Sunday, February 05, 2012

It's good to be home, where nobody is interested in your bodily functions.

The surgery went well the surgeon says. I am fine, but am surprised at how tired I am. Glad I don't have to go to work next week. Geoff was with me almost the whole time I was in the hospital and is taking good care of me now, even though he has a cold.

One of our friends, Rilla, was in the hospital at the same time, she had had a mastectomy the day before (not fair when you are 80 years old). While Geoff and I were in a room waiting for me to go to the OR, Geoff looked out the door and there was Pat(Rilla's husband)! So he went out to talk to Pat and their daughter came in to chat to me. They were just waiting for Rilla's doctor to see her and give her the OK to go home. Afterward when I was in my room after the surgery, my roommate said to me, "Are you Theresa?" Well, yes, I was. She told us that Rilla had been her roommate and had kept saying, "I wish the doctor would get here so Theresa can have my bed." And I did get her bed!

Heather came in for a cheering visit and brought flowers. It was great to see her as usual. Her mere presence brightens my spirits.

Geoff went over to Tim's yesterday to help him put a new window in the master bedroom. Tim still has lots of plans for the house and they are gradually getting done. He's quite happy with his new job, there is a big difference between being a contractor and working for a big oil company.

So a week of lying around ahead of me. Will is arriving in the Blessed Land on Friday so we will go to the city to pick him up, go to a function where Sam is getting an award, and take the kids out for supper. Better rest up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

The Red Deer Hospital: where everybody knows your name?

Are you healing through eating hors d'oeuvres in front of the TV?

Yay Sam!

11:06 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am glad you are home and recovering theresa. the hospital is no place to be, when you want to get better!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Can't decide if I should watch TV or start reading my pile of new books.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Why not felt some slippers?

12:01 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. Enjoy the books and relaxing

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home