Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gymnastics

I started my adult gymnastics class. 10 weeks. I go with 3 other women from work, and on the first day we skipped rope; tried handstands; did 60 pushups, situps and squats; walked on the beam; and tumbled. (somersaults!). My arms were in such pain over the next two days I could barely move them, but I felt better today and rode my bike downtown, even. My goals are to attend all 10 classes (except for one week I'm out of town) and to develop more upper body strength.

I'm going to Chicago again! Another conference. Going to stay one day on either end to have some fun times there. And going to Winnipeg to see Kirsten & Isaac and other Wurmanns in a week or two.

Good meeting with my PhD supervisor and I think that we have a reasonable plan for me to keep pushing forward.

6 Comments:

Anonymous beth said...

are you taking up wqhere you ledt off at age 8??

6:53 PM  
Anonymous beth said...

on the road again! happy trails to you!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

At Christmas, Lisa will sing carols while I show you my new routines, Mom.

9:08 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Any specific requests? deck the halls?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Maybe she can give a rendition of stairway to heaven on the recorder too.

10:07 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I was hoping someone would ask for it!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home