Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Zzzz

I recently realized that part of the reason I like naps, is because it gives me a time out. After being around people all day I need time to not interact.
I told Richard this and he said,'I thought you were going to tell me something new'
Perhaps I am not as self aware as I would like to be?

I went to my Master's orientation. Some of the time was spent in the library, with the excellent nursing librarian. We did a few searches. I was quickest. He asked me if I was a librarian. No, but my sister is. Right on he said. Perhaps it is genetic?

Master's students get way more than undergrads. Like a free lunch for the orientation. Including cake. Who would get that for undergrad? Maybe for a PhD there's a weekend away involved? I am excited about starting another course though. I like learning. Course is on Conceptualization of Health and Healing. She has sent out some readings which look interesting to me-very post modern type of stuff.

We kicked some serious (parental advisory) ass on our project. Remember the photo I posted? A+ for photo display, paper, and presentation. Plus she wants to put up in nursing faculty hallway and also show to students. Proud. Actually more importantly, I learned some interesting things.

It has cooled down after highs of 30+. I was wondering if we should water some trees. Then figured no-fall is coming-we should get some rain.

Richard and I are going to the Interior Provincial Exhibition on Sunday-piglets! Cows! Chickens! Greasy fair food! Actually, this reminds me that it is a long weekend coming up.

We have 2 tenants moving out-1 set already done, place very clean, no issue. Loser downstairs, still has things scattered all over the yard, and his future landlord called today to check on reference. Apparently he had not confirmed that he was moving in? Future landlord wants a call from us after he moves out to tell her what the place looked like after he moved. Richard told tenant this and he looked panicked. I guess someone will be making sure place is clean? Actually he is likely too clueless to recognize that it would be in his best interests to do this. And I suspect, does not know what clean means. Also, I am not sure how long things were all over the yard for, but someone came and relieved him of some things he had in the yard sometime today. Not very clever to leave your crap all over the yard all day. I think this may be pay back for when he would leave his door open to heat the outdoors.

If I were a better person, I would feel badly for him, but I am not. Maybe if he had a mental illness I would have more empathy.

Speaking of which, work is going well. I still love my job. I am lucky to have found the right work for me-I just wish I started at 0900. Why on earth do nurses start at 0700? So that they can tell drs what the scoop is by the time they come in? Figure it out yourself physician. Besides psychiatrists aren't on our unit until at the earliest shortly after 0800, and most don't stroll in until 0900. I would become a doctor, but prefer nursing. I notice our cats sleep a lot too-the pay is not very good for being a cat though. You have to be hooked up with the right owner.













3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

What kind of interaction do cats need a break from?

9:11 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I would say the cats owned by you, Mom and Allison are hooked up with the right owners.

6:57 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

according to my vet, cats can get stressed just from seeing other cats in the yard, so there's a lot to be stressed out from if you are feline. hence the napping

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home