Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Canada Day

Both Richard and I have the day off together, so we are going to go downtown and see the festivities, including fireworks tonight. There is a Folk fest at the arena which has been going on for years, my old teacher in junior high used to organize it-Mr Lee. Lita Prince and her polynesian dancers used to be there, but I don't know if they still are performing. None of them are from the South Seas.
Though right now he is gathering rocks for Jones St. They are for beside the path that we did last year. He has special rock spots that he goes to collect them. It will look quite good when he is done, and less weeding there. Everything there grows well. This property has too much clay soil, things do not grow as well. This makes Richard and I slightly resentful, but on the other hand, there is not too much weeding here, whereas we turn our back on Jones for an afternoon and suddenly there is a jungle. I have (sshh) used Round up there to get rid of a couple particularly nasty weeds-wild morning glory and another creeping thing that spreads insidiously through underground roots.
We have 1 more week of work, then to Tofino and most likely Victoria!
I got an anonymous article on psychologically healthy workplaces in my mailbox at work. What is with passive aggressive nurses who are supposed to specialize in communication?
I initially wrote an angry reply, but wisely thought I should wait until I got additional feedback from others on what to write and also wait until I did not want to flay someone. Richard wisely suggested being nice in email, but pointing out that though I received it, I couldn't do anything without knowing who left it. So I wrote that I received this article, but with no name or information attached and though I like getting information, if I don't know who left it, I don't know what to do about it. If you did leave it, let me know and we can chat about it. I think it was effective.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

How were you going to send a reply to someone who is anonymous?
Nice for you and Richard to have a holiday off together.

3:28 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I sent to all the people who worked between Monday and Tuesday. I found it in my box Tuesday am.

6:07 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

We saw Lita Prince-she is still alive and kicking, though needs help getting down the steps.
It's good people watching at those things

6:08 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Also, for the fireworks, Aldo Nova was one of the songs played.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Can you live this fantasy life?

4:21 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, life is just a fantasy anyhow.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home