Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Canada Day

I just watched the citizenship ceremony from Ottawa, it made me feel really proud to be Canadian. It is the first time I have heard the GG talk, and I was very impressed. And Kate's fascinator had a maple leaf on it. It was also very cute, the GG and his wife held hands as they walked over to the stage.

Last SaturdayI met Sue and Mike at the market, I was just walking along and looked up and there they were. They are planning on going to Rocky for Joan's birthday party. Sue said they managed to get a task and are in charge of balloons, so T&G make sure you comment on how good they are to any of the family you see. They also said that Geoff will be there from Vancouver.

Sam took me out for supper last week, we tried a new restaurant, and it was fabulous. On Saturday I had Allison and Sam over for supper. We had hoped that Laura would be here in time, but she ran a bit late. Laura came to Edmonton, to go to the last S&B for the year. It was a good to catch up with her, but a bit of a flying visit, she was back to GP on Monday.

I am on vacation for the next week, a staycation, going to do some Edmonton stuff, I have not been to the new Art Gallery, so I hope to go there, as well as the museum.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I did comment enthusiastically on the balloons. Sue says all you have to do is to go the balloon store, pick out the balloon and they do all the rest for you.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous beth said...

Have a good staycation - its a really good idea to spend quality time in your own community getting to see sights that uthers travel for

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home