Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer?

Will be next week, not that you'd know it. Though I did wear shorts today and drank coffee on the deck while reading paper, which I suspect is more than those in Alberta would be able to do.
kris and Rhonda were here last weekend for a visit. I have known them 31 years. They went to up to Williams Lake to see their dad too. Which was kind of traumatizing for them. He is not doing well physically-liver failure, diabetes, has had a heart attack, etc etc. And the place he lives in is not upscale. However, they said that he is happy-so things could be worse.
Mom has decided to put her house up for sale, which I think is a good idea. Much less hassle to have it out of her hair. This means getting house ready to sell though.
We have booked a camping site in the 2nd week of July at Tofino. Perhaps we will also visit Will in Victoria? We haven't been to Tofino for 6 or 7 years, and the last time camping was over 10 years. I am hoping for sun while we are there, but we also have lots of tarps, so will be set either way.
Nothing much really new. Had a somewhat long week at work this week and last. I could feel myself losing patience with some difficult patients, though all worked out in the end.
We have some new staff and some of the old ones have left. Positive. I think things are changing slowly-I can see the difference.
My course next semester is 430-730 on Tuesday evenings. Ug. I will be tired.
I will be booking flight to Alberta for folkfest soon. I think I'll take a wed afternoon flight, and then return on Monday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Come visit Will for sure. He should be in his new cottage by then, and you can be the first to see it!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Ffest will be a sisters reunion. With a daughter-niece added.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Yeah, it will be fun

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home