Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Nice Week

So once the drama over part time or not part time was over, I had a good week. It was IBM's 100th birthday on June 16, so there was a Bar B Que at the Chateau Louis Convention Centre. There were around 220 people there, both active employees and retirees. The food was great, lots of dessert choices. There were speeches by a couple of the executive, and by a retired IBMer, a long time IBMer on how things have changed. they talked about using IBM selectrics typewriters and how exciting it was to get a correctable typewriter. I remember that very well. As well as the first PC I used at work, how hard it was to use the mouse, (I was double click impaired) and only having a black and white monitor, no color.

My birthday was good too, it rained all day but by the time supper came around the skies had cleared. Allison took me out to the Copperpot and we had a lovely dinner. Grace was in town on Monday, after dropping her brother off at the airport, she came over and we went out for dinner. I had good intentions of making supper, but nothing materialized.

The weather here yesterday and today, is feeling like summer, 24 or 25 degrees, sunny. I hope the fact that it smartened up on the first day of summer is a good omen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous beth said...

IBMs birthday sounds interesting - and so does yours - happy it was enjoyable for you.
Just saw a picture of Rocky on the weather network in its summer snow (hail) white dress. Did the Ferrey garden survive that onslaught? Here I thought all of Alberta was having a bout of summer weather, but also on th WN was a storm warning for a big chunk of the province. May you all be spared more hail and tornadoes!
We had a couple of 30 days, but its cooled down to low 20s now.
Lisa reported that I've listed the Ritvhie ct house. Terry had an appt to do pics and hang signs today. Richard & I spent a few days there cleaning up the backyard in prep - the hot days of course. What would I do without R & L? When I told the tenant, he begged me not to sell = felt like I'd just kicked a puppy! But then he was 2 days, 2 hrs late and 100 bucks short so I got over it fast. She was pretty gracious about it - a very nice person - still am not sure she knows how he messes around with the rent.
Have some perennials from there to plant so will get to it

3:29 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, we have a lot of tattered plants. But the vegetables seem to be OK. Hail is one thing when you have had a lot of hot weather but when you get one day without rain then a killer storm it is frustrating.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home