Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The date is set

I have had a up and down week. Tuesday morning I checked with Darrell about a July start date for part time. They have been having trouble finding anyone to hire so he said that it did not look like going part time in July would happen. So I thought about it, called Theresa to get some moral support and decided I would tell Darrell that I would have to leave,because I can't continue working the 5 days a week. After lunch I talked to Darrell again, and told him I was going to leave IBM. He seemed to be quite surprised, although I wasn't sure why, I thought I had been clear. We talked about it a bit more, and he asked me if I would stay over the summer working part time. I thought that was pretty weird, so we talked some more and came to an agreement that I would start part time on July 9, and as long as it continued to work for the account and me, I would stay. Today I talked to Kyle, my profile holding manager, and we decided I would transfer to a manager on the GOA account. Her name is Marlene and I talked to her today as well, she is happy I am staying and supports the part time. I also talked to my supervisor Sam today and she is happy I am staying too. It was funny, because Sam totally understood that if I did not go part time I was leaving and she couldn't understand how Darrell could be so obtuse. Any way in the end it all turned out OK, and part time here I come.

Tuesday night I went over to visit George and Kay. They had been to see their Dr, for their annual physical and everything is gook. George has lost all feeling in his legs below the knee, so is a bit worried the Dr will say he cannot drive any more. Not too much new with them. Deanna is recovered from her knee surgery and is going to visit Nancy this weekend.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Yeah for part time

7:19 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm sure my moral support did the trick. All I said was "Your suite is not finished yet."

7:21 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

That is awesome! Much easier to negotiate things when you're willing to walk out, I find. Part-time sounds perfect.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous beth said...

since the right hand didn't know what the left was doing, it was good that it is straightened out and that by holding firm you got what you needed - am very happy for you.
glad to hear all is pretty much ok with TOS/aka the other Sivaks
Theresa is terrific with moral support - nothing like a good sister

3:24 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Hurrah for quality of life!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

IBM has two postings for Peoplesoft BAs on the business faculty website. Perhaps one of them will be your replacement.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Nope, they want to keep me and get a couple of new BAs. I asked Darrell to wait to hire until you were available Sam, but he did not think he could wait until next year.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I just had a note from Kyle, he got all the approvals for Part time, so it is official.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Awesome! Congrats Jude!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home