Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How nice it was on Father's Day weekend for Geoff to have most of his kids here. He is always sad when everyone leaves.
Will was here partly to go to his 10-year high school reunion which he felt like ditching out on, but didn't, then was glad he went. Sam was home for yet another bachelor party. He had to go back before supper on Father`s Day but the rest of us enjoyed a good meal and Geoff was very happy with his new pressure washer. Which Tim asked to borrow.
Went to a fundraising barbecue tonight for the powwow that is going to be happening this summer. It was great, there were drummers and singers and a sort of grand entry just to give us an idea what the real thing is like. Can`t wait for it.
I am sick and tired of this stupid postal problem. It is a very big pain at work. I know a lot of people say we don`t need the post office anyway, but small businesses depend on the mail to get payments. And of course small newspapers to get the papers to the subscribers. I might have a bit of sympathy for the postal workers if we got any kind of decent service when they are at work.

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What is the pow wow for? I have to say that i would like to go to one.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I also need the post office because I like to get things in the mail.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to go to my high school reunion.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I also really like to shop on the internet and so postal strike means no parcels.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I love getting parcels in the mail too.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sam F said...

Today I had to go pick up a parcel at UPS via bike, and it made me appreciate mail delivery that comes to your door.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Which we never get, strike or no strike.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home