Friday, July 01, 2011

90th birthday

We went to Joan's 90th birthday tea this afternoon. As usual I didn't really want to go that much because I thought I wouldn't know many people to talk to but I have also been the organizer of a few of these things and know that it's important for people to attend. And as usual I was wrong, I had a great time, visited with lots of people and it was so nice to see Joan. She is such a lovely lady. Got this picture of all the female line. The fellow here is a friend of Joan's from Nordegg. The tall guy behind on the right is Geoff, not my Geoff obviously. Grace was working today so she popped in for a bit. Geoff R. is engaged and had his fiancee with him; she is very nice and a good sport for being there with all kinds of people she doesn't know and will probably never see again. I had a great visit with cousin Geoff and also with Sue. Also enjoyed listening some of the Nordegg oldtimers talking about the old days. Marilynne said they are all going to go out to Nordegg for a visit later in the weekend.
Apart from that, the big news is that we had two days this past week without rain. We hardly know what to do with all the sun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous beth said...

What a nice 4 generation ladies picture - Joan looks wonderful - certainly not 90! I agree - genny is a very nice person as is Geoff - does a name make you nice? I sent a b'day card but expect it will not get there thanks to the PO till her real b'day - the 14th. Glad you're getting some sun and warmth - its finally turned hot here too - what a wierd spring & summer its been to date

5:06 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I agree -- Joan does not look 90! Sue has some nice photos up on facebook of her kids w/ Joan.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home