Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Dentist

Just to keep you informed about something that will end up being nothing I am sure-I went to dentist a couple weeks ago, and had what I thought was canker on tongue. Actually it wasn't a canker anymore, just raised spot. He wants to biopsy as it is human papilloma virus, which there are about 75 kinds and a couple are associated with oral cancer. I was weirded out by this, as I know I have not kissed anyone, other than Richard for about 20 years-but dentist assures me that transmission is unclear-that many people probably have it without knowing.
So, the office will call to set up an appointment to get it excised. Which means freezing and a needle in the tongue, which does not seem appealing but I am hoping that it will not hurt as much as biting your tongue.
In other news, it is colder but sunny.
I said to Richard on Sunday that next year we have to go somewhere warm and sunny because I am irritable and short tempered. Related to the lack of sun, despite what others may say.
I feel like work has been very busy this week too-not sure why-and normally I like to be that way, except when crabby from lack of sun.
Paper is handed in, whew. Apparently anti depressants work, because doing a paper for this class is much better than when I did my 1st paper when I went back to school to become a nurse.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Sun is one thing we do have. Just not heat. Hope all works out with your mouth.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

what does 'associated with oral cancer' mean?

7:10 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

that certain types of the virus seem to be connected with oral cancer-like papilloma virus 12, or something like that.
It is same virus that causes cervical cancer.
Not that I think that I have it

8:21 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Lisa, thanks for letting us know. I am thinking of you. I am sure that freezing your mouth will help with the pain of the excising.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

So glad you are getting it looked at, my mantra now is early detection is the key.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home