Sunday, January 23, 2011

sad cat news

I had to put N2, my big black cat, to sleep today. She suddenly lost the use of her front leg, and seemed in a lot of pain. I took her to the vet right away and they did some tests, but couldn't determine whether it was cancer, something neurological, or maybe a blood clot -- but to find out would take many more tests and more time, and prognosis for any of these wasn't good. I said I'd rather she not be in pain or living in the pet hospital, so decided to put her down. I did get to hold her while they did the shot, and I'm glad it was quick. I am also glad I saw that she was hurting and took her in right away, rather than waiting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I'm sorry to hear that Allison.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Theresa. I feel pretty sad.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Allison I am very sorry to hear your cat news. It is good you saw it right away and she did not suffer too much. I know how hard this is.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Sad news.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Aw, condolences.

5:51 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I still miss N2

7:35 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

She was a good animal.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home