Thursday, January 27, 2011

good day

I got my first payment today and that is good. It is good to know how much money I will be getting over the next 6 months so we can balance. Wilf is taking a course for three days so I am at home alone, it is finally setting in that I am not working anymore. I am getting lots done in the house, stuff I don't get to usually for instance I vacumed the vents to the furnice today and washed all the vent covers. I am getting into a routine and that is good. The outsourcing company called last week and we are working together. I will be making a trip to Edmonton to meet with them at some point so will get together with folks there then. It is melting right now and the sidewalks are treacherous. The city has not plowed our street once this year and it is not fun driving down it, at times it feels like we are in a tank four wheel driving. Tomorrow there is a party with the folks I was working with it should be fun to see them again. well the laundry is calling so I better get back to it.

8 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

what is this "outsourcing thing?" am not very up to date on those kind of terms. sounds like youi are enjoying your extra leisure - good. and its good you don't have to drive on those streets. have fun at the party

3:07 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

outsourcing is a company that Weyerhaeuser contracted to help me decide what I want to be when I grow up. Kind of like job searching

3:10 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I know that Geoff being at home is just now sinking in for us. Before it seeemed like holidays. But you are getting money! We haven't got any yet.

4:30 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What do you want to be?
Do you know yet?

4:41 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Even though Geoff is working at his dream job?

We will be looking forward to a visit from you Laura, at that point maybe you will get you Christmas present!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I am looking forward to coming, I will let you know when it is on the radar. Waiting for my present is fine also. I still haven;t quit decided what I want to do am waiting for the Weyerhaeuser stuff to come through.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

that is quite not quit

11:11 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, Geoff has got a dream job cheque but nothing from BP.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home