Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bandwagon jumper

Since everyone seems to be posting this weekend I guess I will too!

This semester has been going pretty well so far. I only have three classes which is nice. I was worried about sitting through 3 hours of pharmacology twice a week, but it turns out the prof is hilarious, and sort of talks like Corky from Waiting for Guffman, so I actually look forward to that class. Last week in my nursing lab we did palliative care nursing, which was pretty interesting.

Last weekend my friend Abbi called to see if I wanted to go to the waterpark at West Ed, so I said sure and she came up Saturday morning to go. When we got to the mall she was like oh by the way, we're going bungee jumping. I wasn't too sure about the idea, but she convinced me, mostly by paying for me so I couldn't back out. Of course she nominated me to go first. The guys working there counted down twice for me to go, and I didn't, so in the end one of them leaned me over edge and let go. I'm a wimp. It was very terrifying, and I don't think I would ever do it again, but I guess I can scratch it off my bucket list. Or I could if I had a bucket list. Abbi insisted on buying us each the video of both of us jumping, but I'm pretty embarrassed of it since it took me so long to go. Of course she jumped right away. Then that night we went to the John Wort Hannam concert which was so great, but altogether it was a bit too exciting of a day.

My friend Samantha from Rocky moved to Edmonton on Friday, so I went over yesterday. She held a dinner party, with me, Leanna, her roommate Katt and Katt's friend all there. It was a lot of fun, although a bit of an adventure getting back home. She lives in the West End, and neither me nor Leanna really know the buses there, but we asked someone and managed to make it home.

Today was so sunny and warm that the snow was nice and sticky, so me and Leanna made a snowman. It was so much fun, especially since it's been a while since I've made one. It turned out pretty well, complete with a scarf, cowboy hat, and of course a carrot for the nose.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't think I could ever bungee jump.
When we were in Nfld, we went to this very high up point, where there were hundreds of birds.
No fence.And the point was only 8 or so feet across.
Not only could I not leave the centre of the point (where I was farthest from drop off, I clutched Allison when she wanted to take a step forward to take a picture and wouldn't let her.
The same thing happened when Richard and I went to the Grand Canyon.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

I think everybody should try something like this once.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home