Friday, October 16, 2009

Study study

I'm actually really lucky this year. I haven't had a midterm yet, and will only have two altogether. My first exam is on Weds. and it's a final, since it is for my nursing class, and that is only six weeks. My first midterm isn't until Oct. 27. I have a lot of studying to do for my nursing 190 final though, because we have a tutorial exam in the morning and a lab exam in the afternoon. I am currently trying to memorize a bunch of developmental theories, and I've officially decided that Freud had some weird ideas. I prefer Erikson's theory.

I am really enjoying nursing, and this year in general a lot more than last year. I like the people on my floor a lot more. They don't seem as cliquey as last year, so that's really nice. And nursing is just so much fun! My tutorial group has 14 people in it, and what we do is go through scenarios and then everyone researchs one aspect of the scenario. During the next class we discuss the research. It's fun and I really like my group. The same group is together for the labs. They are a lot of fun. They started out slow (the first was a whole 3 hour lab on handwashing), but have gotten more interesting. I learned how to take blood pressure, using my purple stethescope!, and have been practicing on everyone I can get my hands on. I'm still not that good, but hopefully I will get better. We also got hospital gowns for the lab, because we have to be each other's patients. I think it's hilarious.

It was really nice to go home for Thanksgiving. I mostly hung out with my friend Jovita. She is getting married next summer and I'm the maid of honour, so I went to her place and saw her dress and learned how to tie it up. It's kind of like tightening skates I thought. Of course seeing Mom and Dad and Tim (and Sam since I never see him here) was really nice. I really didn't want to come back to school though. Long weekends never seem long enough.

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Freud was a weirdo. Plus not a good developer of theories.

7:35 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I'm glad you are enjoying nursing!

7:35 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

happy to learn you are having a good year Grace and that you enjoy the nursing program - obviously you made a good career choice
hope to see you next month enroute to Scotland

3:06 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Totally agree with you re: Freud. He is the bane of my existence because that's what everyone immediately thinks when you say Psychology. Blah.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hi Jovita. Welcome. You may be sorry you joined us though.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I think you've probably been in it several time Jo.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home