Sunday, October 11, 2009

Google Earth rocks

Hola.
I am excited. I went on Google Earth and plotted our route from the Glasgow airport to Windy Yett Farm! It is just so cool. Wanted to see the farm closer but the resolution is not so good for it. I hope it really is there.
Sam and Grace are home for the weekend, Sam had said he wasn't sure he was coming but on Friday he showed up. Tim's coming over for turkey although we are not sure how much if any he can eat.
This is the first long weekend for a while I haven't had to work, so I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and having left-over turkey for lunch.
The weather is stupid. It is cold out with snow on the ground but most of the trees don't even have yellow leaves yet. Ridiculous. Geoff froze his hands digging potatoes and carrots for supper.

8 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

It is still flurrying here, and the snow is staying on the ground. Way too early in my opinion, at the rate we are going Scotland will feel balmy in comparison.
I bought a dinner from the Sunterra market, salad, soup, main and dessert, so I got a turkey dinner. It was very delicious. Henry left yesterday to stay over night at Dawn Kunyks, so he and Christy's mom could get an early start today.

6:28 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am inspired to look at it now!
Who wants walnuts? We have a lot from our 2 trees.
It is cold but sunny-Mom and I went for a walk yesterday-nice in the sun.
Record cold here though -9.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Wait a sec - is that Dawn Kunyk from our past?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Yes, it is Dawn Kunyk, her younger sister Wanda is Henry's girlfriends mother. Small world hey!!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Should we bring tents just in case it isn't there?

2:29 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Was out "rock hunting" today (getting large rocks to line the entry way for the Jones St. property)and it was snowing where I was, 10 km up Bear Creek road. Brrrr!

RW

6:56 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

it has finally warmed up here and is quite pleasant - some sun today but rain showers yesterday when L & R came over and very kindly cleaned my gutters and chopped limbs from a tree that has gone wild, as well as preparing the prunings for pick up - its so good that we have bi weekly pickup now.
Lisa also planted my "Golden" rocks that you guys all foud for me - they look great - many thanks to all. also thanks Laura for the dog bone one for Jim and Sandi.
I am getting ready for Scotland - bought hiking shoes and am breaking them in, renewed prescritions, am getting flu shot Fri, etc
Any news from Tims Dr?

11:21 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

No. The problem is that the doctor's office is only open a day and a half a week. The rest of the time is spent doing procedures I guess. So Tim has phoned them a number of times and they keep telling him he is a priority and will call if there is a cancellation. I suppose there is a little comfort knowing that they aren't ignoring you, they are just not helping you.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home