Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oregon


Our trip to Oregon was fun. We raced down after I was off work on Friday, stayed over in Washington, drove rest of way Sat. Went to wedding Sat at 530. Then took our time driving home along the coast. Stayed at a motel along the beach on Sunday. We slept listening to the waves all night. We drove farther along the coast Mon. Met Wheeler Dave in Wheeler Oregon, where we stopped to look at antiques (Lisa grudgingly, Richard with excitement). He lived there with his wife, having moved after a trucking accident 20 years ago which left him paralyzed. He was also in the Vietnam war. He got his name because he rescued a girl from drowning a few years ago-dove in from the dock even though he was paralyzed.
Wedding was nice-outside in a lovely location. I lied and said I had to work Monday so that it was easier to escape. I should feel badly about that, but I don't. A certain person kept hugging me-ug-and by the end of the evening I felt irritated and ready to escape.
I start teaching next week. Well, actually it's just an orientation day, so pretty easy, just going through policies etc., answering questions. I am obviously nervous on some level about it though because I had a dream that it was the 1st day with me and my student group-and it was noon and I hadn't checked in with them or anything because I had spent all morning with a difficult patient. I panicked as the students were left all alone to fumble through everything. It's like the medication dream-where I realize at 6 pm that I haven't given any meds all shift.
The educator at work has asked if I would do/assist with a few presentations at work-which I think will be interesting. To the ER and ICU staff and for a course they put on for people wanting to work in critical care. I'd like to do that as I think it is important to get good information out on how to best nurse people with mental health issues. Which is actually 25% of the population.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I hope that certain huggy person wasn't Richard.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

If it was Richard there is trouble in parardise.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

And no paradise by the dashboard light, either.

11:52 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Oh trust me-it wasn't.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home