Saturday, May 02, 2009

Coffee

I am drinking some as I just got up from a night shift. It was super easy one-those are the days (or rather, nights) where I think, "I get paid how much for doing this?" I did manage to read some stuff about our pandemic protocol, so I'll have you all know that I spent my down time productively. The ethical guidelines were interesting, like who will get treated if the ER is flooded with patients? Who gets supplies? What are healthcare workers ethical responsibilities? Not only actual healthcare providers like drs and nurses, but also clerical and housekeeping staff are vital. I have thought about this, how would I feel going into work if I thought I might get sick, or bring it home?
On another life and death issue: I got stung yesterday while plucking dead flowers off our pansys in the windowbox-baking soda worked pretty quick, I went back to see if there was a bee corpse anywhere-none to be found. R.I.P. I thought, 'well, we already have a shortage of bees, now another one's gone'
Nick went missing last week for a day. I came home from a nightshift, door to deck wide open and no Nick. Mom thinks he may have figured out how to open the door, clever animal that he is, but I think one of us forgot to close it properly. So I woke up Richard, did a walk through the yard, shaking the Pounce can. Went to bed, Richard kept looking until he went to work. I woke up, went around the neighbourhood looking, talked to our neighbours. Then came home and cried. Richard got home that evening about 730. We went out the driveway to look shaking a Pounce can, and heard a small 'mew'. He came runnign over from underneath the neighbours car, smelling of car underside, but none the worse for wear. Sebastian hissed at him when Richard carried him inside. Angry about the smell? Sebastian doesn't seem to recognize Nick when he does this stuff. We never said he was the smart one.
We had a good visit with Will, though I was working while he was here=unable to stay awake and converse normally. He and Richard happily planted Mom's cedars and they sure look a lot better than the falling down fence. I'd like to try to go to Barkerville while he's up there. It has been years. Plus he could give us a personal graveyard tour!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

When Kirsten has been to New Orleans, she highly recommends the personal graveyard tour. How could Barkerville be any different?

4:25 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Graves would be underground in Barkerville, and they probably don't have any voodoo queens buried there, but that should be about it for differences.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home