Friday, April 10, 2009

What kind of long weekend is this?

Well, this is going to be the weirdest long weekend ever. Nobody coming home. We're going to Edmonton but Jude won't be there. We have nothing planned.* I feel like I have been sent to another dimension.
Technically, Grace is here but we are taking her back to the city today. She took the bus to Red Deer yesterday and I ran in and picked her up because she had a summer job interview at the museum. But she wants to get back because of exam studying, and Sam is staying at uni for the same reason.
Tim has invited us for Easter dinner at his place. So we will come back Sunday after church I guess. Tim was over last night and he and Geoff spent the evening drinking Geoff's home brew. Geoff is not appearing too chipper this morning.
The snow is leaving! There is still a lot in the back yard, but it is receding and I am starting to remember what my flower beds look like. Lots of daffodils up by the back door, some should be blooming soon. Spring is my least favourite season, but I do love looking each day to see what else has started to poke through. I always think of The Secret Garden. One of my favourite books.
My favourite season is fall. Then summer and winter. Spring is last.
Hey, Will, Tim and Dad went on Google Earth last night and had a look at Barkerville. Looks like you will have a nice church.
*One thing planned, breakfast with Allison tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I wish I could be home! I guess I will be in a little over a week. If you want to see more pictures of Barkerville, you can go to barkerville.ca and I think if you go barkerville.ca/church it has more pictures of the church. It is still the original building from the 1870s!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm glad I'm not nothing to you.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

The secret garden is one of my favourite books also. Have a happy easter.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I wanted to come home. Easter alone is the worst :(

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home