Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grass is Riz

Richard and I spent 2 days at Jones doing spring clean up. It looks much tidier, and croci are blooming. I have to say that the Jones yard is much more interesting than the Blondeaux one. This one needs some interest-lawn is just not where I'm at. The neighbours are going to be ticked at us when we don't apply chemicals and don't water everyday. I did transplant some plants though to put under some trees where the grass wasn't growing anyway-shade loving ones-hostas, bleeding heart, columbine, elephant ears, and lily of the valley. I hope they take. We have 9 trees on this lot! 2 horse chestnut, 2 maples, 1 walnut, 1 honey locust, 1 apricot, and 2 of uncertain lineage. This will mean a whole lot of raking. I hope you all like walnuts because I will be giving them as Christmas presents from now on. The deck we have is really quite nice here though. And Richard is happily planning away on what we should be doing with the yard to get rid of some grass. I will be going over to Jones to pick flowers frequently. There are a few here- a small clump of daylilies, iris, peonies, some unknown stuff-and a large amount of roses, but no bulbs. I am bringing over the lilies and tulips after they bloom at Jones, I don't care where they go, but they are coming over here. The roses intimidate me-I hope they aren't thinking that they will be sprayed and coddled-they will have to toughen up and learn to fight off aphids without drugs.
I am almost finished my mental health course. I have basically done all the assignments but am sending them 1 at a time, so as to not appear like I did them all in 2 days-which is what I did. It is better to appear as if I am reflecting as I go along. I was drinking beer while doing the 1 st one and didn't even check it over before I sent it in-lost a mark for reflection of therapeutic alternatives, but considering the beer and lack of any reflection I'd say the 90% is quite alright.
I am thinking about doing my master's....Haven't done anything about it yet, but am considering it. I have been doing research for our nursing practice committee and I really like this kind of stuff. I keep thinking, 'I could do a research paper on this'
Bought the soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire. VG plus. Contemporary Urban Indian music.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Glad to hear about the walnut trees. We are all out of walnut shells from Mom and Dad's old house, so have nothing to float in the puddles if spring ever comes.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I hope you bike over to the old house and not drive to get your flowers.

You should totally do your Masters. There is much funding available for health research!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I like how you're faking it for your course. I do the same thing for the journals that I have to keep for a few classes - I do them all in a bunch, but try to sound like I've learned something as I've gone along, so it looks like I did them week by week.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Do you suppose the neighbors will take up a petition to ask you to water more often?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Maybe they will call the sheriff... or leave a passive-aggressive note!
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2009/03/22/oh-the-rancher-and-the-mcmansioner-should-be-friends/

7:20 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Allison, where do you find this stuff? You are amazing.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

You mean, Anne, right?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, I only read as far as the A.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home