Saturday, April 04, 2009

Groggy

Mom and I went to buy composters as there was a big sale by the city. Big line ups, full of idling cars. Mom made me some eggs on toast, then I came home and slept for 2 1/2 hours. Now I'm groggy and out of sorts. It may have been a waste of a beautiful day, but the nap couldn't be helped. Richard and I are going to walk to Vietnamese Village for supper, then walk over to 2nd Cup for coffee tonight.
There is a mandatory conflict resolution/communication seminar this week at work. I think it is a good thing, my manager asked me to give him feedback on how I feel that it goes. There has already been one this week. Luckily, there will a couple people there who I can have wrap me in a towel if needed. My new one should fit into my bag. I specifically didn't ask who was going to which one as I didn't want to play into that whole, "I need to be with my friends" thing that has resulted in a lot of what ails the place to begin with.
As it turns out, there is a little patch of croci here in our new place, though no tulips etc. It looks like there used to be, then they landscape fabric'ed all the flower beds-with rocks over top. Personally, it looks a bit barren to me, but that will change.
Mom talked to Jim and he will be here on Monday! And Jude later in the week! Highs are supposed to reach 19 degrees by Wednesday, but Mom doesn't trust them.
Richard told me about this old guy who walks in our neighbourhood. He and his old dog walk every morning early. I finally saw him today. He shuffles along pretty quick and the dog tries to keep up-the dog is kind of a border collie'ish mutt-grey and old. Richard and I like to watch them walk by. Like Mr. Lahm at our old place who walks to the busstop-goes to the mall everyday for lunch and coffee.

5 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

I on the other hand spent the afternoon in the yard, raking & pruning and the front is now finished for the time being. But in all fairness I did not work a 13 hr day yesterday'
Am really looking forward to Jim and Judes arrivals - they changed the fore cast - +19 for Wed and sunny - oh, joy!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I wish we could just walk over to the Vietnamese place. I felt like Thai food tonight and had to make it myself.
Speaking of neighbourhood walkers, our hedge clipper guy hasn't been around for a long time. I think he moved.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

My flight gets in at noon on Friday, will someone be able to pick me up? if not I can take a taxi to Mom's.

5:38 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Yes, Jim will be here and Richard has the day off, so they can fight for the privilege! May the best man win and either way you will be met

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home