Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Good News

I was walking into the school Friday evening last week, when I bumped into the principal. It's a small school, so this wasn't unusual in itself, but she looked at me and said "Oh, Will! I need to talk to you for a second". Now, I don't know exactly why, but whenever a person in authority says that to me, I get a bit worried. Casting my mind back over the last week, I tried to think of anything that I might done wrong as I followed Wendy to her office. "I wanted to tell you about an opportunity this summer that might interest you: a theological college near Oxford wants to do an exchange with us, and they want us to send an Anglican who is strong in New Testament studies. The New Testament Prof recommended you." I was shocked, as you are when someone offers you a free trip to England. "um, well, I'd love to- studying in England has always been a dream, but well, I committed to going to Barkerville..." Wendy told me to take the info and think about it. Leaving her office, I ran into the Professor of Liturgy, who is also an Anglican. He knew about the chance, and asked me what I thought. On hearing that I was committed to Barkerville he just smiled: "leave that to me". A couple of e-mails later, it looks like I will get to do both.

The exchange is for two weeks, July 6-17. It's some classes (all of which are look interesting) with instructors that my New Testament prof knows and likes. We also get to go to the British Museum, Winchester and Salisbury Cathedrals, and the Bodleian Library in Oxford. I'm pretty pumped.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

This is you and Allison's week.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Wow, not just cake but chocolate with butter icing.

6:51 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Can't think of anyone who deserves it more - what a great summer you'll have

7:02 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

WooHOOO!!! Book some time off for my grad, bucko! All you have to do is cough up ten quid and grab a train to Bangor. And I'll take you out for a drink in Oxford/Banbury.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Hey Annie- will I get to meet Delwyn?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Congratulations Will, no one deserves it more. Does this make up for missing some of those opportunities last year?

7:11 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hooray!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous BettyAnne said...

Congratulatione!! Sounds like an exciting summer.
BA

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home