Saturday, February 07, 2009

Surprising phone call

I was just getting dressed this morning when the phone rang, and it was Stan (Mom's brother for non family members who read the blog). He and Bob (cousin) were going out for breakfast and wanted to know if I wanted to come along. So I said sure, when, and Stan said 20 minutes. Luckily it was at a place close to home (Teddy's, Jasper and 114). So I zipped over there and had a great breakfast and good company. Stan looked really good, he is in the middle of another round of chemo, but still has all his hair. One of the side effects of the chemo is that Stan has gotten blisters on the bottoms of his feet, so he has not been able to go out on his long walks. But since he heard that might happen he bought himself a great big TV and surround sound, so spends time watching TV.It was great to see Bob as well, he is always easy to talk to and got caught up on the other side. Not too much new there, Brenda and her husband are in Hawaii right now, celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. And everyone else is good. I was really happy they called, I have been feeling a bit like a bad niece, since I have not checked up on Stan, and when I last saw Bob, when Les died, we were going to keep in better contact, but that fell though the cracks. Bob has been working back in Edmonton, he told his company he did not want to be on the road, and they have been finding him work here. That is good news.

Not a lot of news here, I am still enjoying my new furniture. My laptop, does not want to connect to the internet, but my work one seems ok, so I guess I will have to take the other one in for servicing. Maybe I should buy a new laptop, something from Apple?

Only one more weekend until Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Can't wait. Lisa I am sorry you cannot be here too, but we have found a stand in for you. Grace will do the honours. and just on a sie note, Weners is having a sale, so we might have to stop there and see what there is.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Judith, you are not a bad niece. Nor are you a bad sister, daughter or aunt. You are very good in all these roles.

1:35 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Theresa is SO right

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home