Monday, February 02, 2009

Intrepid plant

Here's something weird: When I got a bag out of the closet to pack for our trip to Edmonton on Friday, there was a plastic bag in it marked "red bleeding heart." Mom had given me some plant roots when we were in Kelowna in October and I guess I left that one in the bag. The weird part was that the bit of root in the bag was growing. It had been sitting in the closet since October in a sealed bag. So I planted it in a pot and we will see what happens.
Went to Edmonton because Sam was getting "some kind of award." It turned out to be a very nice event at the Winspear Centre with lunch and everything to give out business school awards. Sam got the one that is very generous and that he says he didn't apply for. Whatever. He's got the money and now has the certificate from the dean, so I guess he really was supposed to get it.
After we went to the renovation show at Northlands. Talk to me if you want $1000 sink faucets, I can tell you where to get them.
Jude's furniture is even better looking in person than the photo posted here. It completely changes the look of her place. Geoff says it is comfortable to sleep on.
Al and Grace came over to Jude's for supper on Sat, we ordered in Thai food.
Tim called while we were there. He's up at his job site and needed new boots so called to get us to get some to ship up to him. I guess the job's going all right, he's in camp and out in the boonies 6 km from the BC border and 30 km from the NWT border.
And now back to work. I say with Laura "shoes, shoes, shoes."

2 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

The perfect end to the weekend would have been a win by the Oilers, but that was not to be. Grace also concurred on the sleepability of the couch, she came over to watch the game with me, then stayed for supper. I had to run downtown, and while I was gone she had a nap and said it was very good. And I am in line with Laura and Theresa, Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.

3:02 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

can hardly believe that the plant survived - hope it grows in the pot
All have fun at the shoe thing!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home