Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moved

Here I am sitting in our new house hooked up to internet.
Move went fine, though took long time. 8hrs with 3 guys from moving company. Where did we get so much stuff? There is still stuff in garage too for us to bring over.
Movers said this place is 'not moving friendly'. Meaning long flight of stairs makes hauling big things up difficult. I concur.
Kitchen is unpacked, (mom was big help with this) bathroom, bedroom mostly done. Living room-kind of. We are waiting to assess whether we are happy with bookshelves in current location and then when sure, will unload stuff for them.
So far, like house lots. But I feel out of place-like this isn't quite my home yet, but other home isn't mine either. Cats have adjusted quite well. Sebastian of course, found the whole thing more traumatizing, but Nick was all over the place right away, as soon as we let them out of the bathroom-Sebastian stayed a while in the pet carrier-pupils fully dilated with terror.
How do others move so frequently? I used to, but haven't for 15 years-and moving affirms that it really is wearing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Moving frequently is possible, but not fun. Just got a big box of stuff I sent myself from Wales, though. That was exciting. I was happy to see it all again.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That is a good point. Unpacking is like Christmas. I don't mind packing. But the day of the move is the most exhausting day possible.

In my adult life, I have moved 15 times.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I have moved once in the last 30 years.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I like having movers do it, and all I have to do is supervise, and drink coffee. Got your change of address, at first I thought why is a Kelowna realtor sending me stuff, but once I recognized your handwriting on the address, it started to make more sense. That is a great idea.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Heh, I've moved 16. I seem to live in at least two places in every town... the first one always sucks. I hope I have broken that streak in Guelph.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Stuffy said...

No, the first place you moved to in Guelph sucked, too. You just didn't stay as long!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

crap, you're right. If you count that move, 17!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home