Sunday, February 08, 2009

spring is springing

Another very springy day here - feels so good after the lousy winter. Fred & Rhondas visit was great - caught up on all the MH news and admired Ramonas new car - A hard top convertible, bright red, leather seats and every bell & whistle you can think of. On their way home some careless driver gave them a chip in the windshield (oh, woe) and they encountered an avalanche east of Golden so had to detour. We all went over to admire the new house too - it really is lovely and their furnishings fit in right nice.
Yesterday Richard took me to the ballet - a matinee (Lisa was working) and I really enjoyed it - somewhat to my surprise. Laura, its called Ballet Kelowna and will be in GP in May if you want to support a good cause.
I am glad to have news of Stan - he emails but is not real forthcoming about his condition - he is doing surprisingly well I think. Bob is always a good guy to visit with and its nice to keep some contact w/various cousins.
Fred visited a cousin (Alex McMaster) on the Island and he got a whole raft of old pics, mostly from the homestead, but others too and Fred is to scam them and send copies. Neither he nor Al could identify a lot of the people but I remembered most, so anyone interested in 70+ years ago can get copies from me - thought Bob might be in terested too. Among others there's one of Mum and Dads wedding day and another of Bill and me at about 2 and 1.
Its time to get dressed and do some cleaning up - so bye for now

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'd love to see those pictures & get copies, Mom!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sign me up too. How did that cousin come to have those pictures?

1:37 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

He is Kates son so guess he got them from her - I just got a couple from Fred emailed, but I think he's just getting the names right before doing the whole works

1:42 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

and I am happy to see you posting again Mom, instead of just commenting.

8:18 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Well, sometimes I'm a bit slow and when I had so many postings disappear I lost confidence, but am on the ball again - I hope!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I would copies also. I will keep my eye out for the ballet tickets.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home