Thursday, December 18, 2008

He's lucky

So, we went over to Jamie's and he had cleaned up..and was +++ apologetic and agreed to all our terms, so he's staying. We're suckers. But, his rent is increasing, he offered to give us extra money to redo carpets, agreed to bi-weekly inspections, no more roommates, is getting a housekeeper 2X/month, absolutely no smoking of either substance, said we don't have to give him 24 hrs notice to look (though we would anyway), and will clean according to a list I will give him. So, we'll see. He's aware that he is on, for lack of a better term, probation.
He actually said that if we evicted him that he'd give us some money for cleaning etc. Whether he would have or not is another question, but he sounded very sincere.
We're going over again on the 30th and will keep going over every 2 weeks, I suspect indefinately.
Winter sure is here too. Of course the rest of you will be sneering, but it has been -22 here, and is snowing again-we have I'm sure 2 feet on the ground. This makes me happy though as I like winter. PLus am going to Mexico in a couple weeks, so who can complain? It's supposed to remain like this until at least after Christmas, so it will look suitably festive!
We mailed parcel to Rocky, should be there this week or early next. Except for Tim's gift whioch is still being worked on, but Richard plans to mail it soon-prioity post I am thinking.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

But he's been a good tenant for quite a while, hasn't he? I think it is partly your own stress level talking here, Lisa.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Maybe I will change my mind about moving to Kelowna, you sound like a tough pair of landlords.

2:35 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Stress level ha, I will post picture and you will see.
We are nice landlords if you Follow The Rules.
Which our family does, so you can safely move here.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm not sure the Shitten will follow your rules. She's pretty messy.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home