Saturday, December 13, 2008

Plans keep changing

It is dang cold out. Our plan was to go Edmonton on Friday to stay at Jude's then pick Will up today. But there was a winter weather advisory out for here last night and Geoff had to work late anyway. So the plan changed to going today and staying overnight one night only. But Geoff had to work again today and the weather is still not good, lots of snow on the roads and very cold. So Will got Jesse to pick him up and we (or I if Geoff has to work again) will get him tomorrow.

Geoff is supposed to be on holidays from now to after New Year's. He had a lot of holiday time left and the company says you can't carry over more than 40 hours. So he put in a request to carry the extra time over, but the head guy in Edmonton said Geoff should plan his vacation time better and couldn't carry the hours over. So fine. He thought he would be helping out by sticking around. Now they will be short one person and if he gets called he is really going to ding them for the hours. The reason he didn't take more time off was because they were putting that new system in. Whatever. He will be so glad to get out of there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I forgot to say that my payroll expert advises me that the company can't take any vacation away, no matter what they say.

5:55 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

What a cheesy company! I thought our weather was bad - its been snowing for 2 days but not blowing and its going to -10 tonite. My nice neighbor has shoveled my drive 2 times already. They are sayin g stay home as the roads are bad here too

5:59 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Why would they even call him in if they are saying he has to be on holidays now?

I was supposed to go to a friend's party but maybe I will stay in and make myself a dang quesadilla.

6:18 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I hope that Geoff can stick it to them.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home