Monday, December 15, 2008

Another Weekend Gone

But it was a good weekend. As you read from T's post, the Ferrey's plans kept changing, based on weather and work. Will got here on Saturday night, and I had planned to make a nice supper for him, but I woke up on Saturday morning, feeling dizzy, and that lasted all day, along with achy bones, I was not feeling myself. After a brief visit with Will, I had to make way to bed.

On Sunday, I got up and and feeling better, walked over to the store picked up a few things. Laura had called a few weeks ago to let me know they would be in town and we planned to meet for brunch with Allison too. It turned out Theresa and Geoff were coming to town to pick up Will, on the same weekend. I thought with a larger group it would be easier to meet at my place and eat here. I invited Sam and Grace, and George and Kay. I have not seen Henry for a few years, so it was lovely to see him again. We had a great visit together. After everyone had eaten, and the travelers had to get on the road, Grace stayed and visited for a bit. Allison's friend Kirsten had a Third Advent Sunday, get together. It was lots of fun, gluhwein (mulled wine), food, and singing carols.

I am slowly finishing up things for Christmas, gifts are almost ready, the car is booked and I am planning on leaving for Rocky on next Monday or Tuesday. This week, is the last one of work and we are having a Christmas lunch on Wednesday, it is going to be catered, which is a great idea, we don't have to go out and battle our way in the cold to a restaurant, and the cost is only 15.00.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Judith! You didn't tell us you were sick. Thanks again for your hospitality. We had such a good visit with everyone. Uncle George and Auntie Kay never seem to change. They must have portraits in their condo that age while they don't.
Geoff got probably 6 phone calls from work on the way home, then had to go out when we arrived. But he made it back in time for Tim's party (I made Thai food and raspberry ice cream cake).
It's still dang cold out. But Geoff's happy, he's on holidays until the New Year, and I'm happy, I can give him and Will jobs to do for me.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am pretty sure you are tired of hearing about me feeling unwell so I thought I would not mention it.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I say: NEVER make anyone do potluck around xmas! Okay, I have one or two friends I accept potluck invitation from. But WORK SHOULD NEVER make people do potluck at xmas.

Raspberry ice cream cake. yum.

It was a super social Sunday. Judith & I were both worn out by the end of festivities, I think. I was, anyway. And I didn't even do any work. And wasn't sick! Thanks, Judith!

J & I are going out for dinner at a swanky place on Friday: http://www.jacksgrill.ca.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Are you having a potluck at work, Al? Or are you talking about us bringing stuff to Jude's?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I just meant that work should always cater xmas lunch.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home