Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fire at the lake!

Yesterday at work we heard on the scanner that there was a fire reported in a cabin at Crimson Lake - about the fifth cabin in. We are the fourth cabin in. So I went out with Stu, wondering all the way if our cabin was burning down. It wasn't ours, though, it was the Bert cabin, which is not next to us, but the one next to that. Lou told me they didn't have it insured. I certainly didn't want our cabin to burn down, but if it had, we wouldn't have to decide what to do there: repair or build new. So we still have a decision to make.
Against my better judgment we went to Red Deer on Saturday to do a bit of shopping since we were going out for supper at friends by Condor anyway. It wasn't very busy in RD, but there didn't seem much that we were looking for either.
Tim was in Las Vegas last week, said it was fun and that he spent a lot of money but not on gambling.
Will be in the city to pick Will up and I hope finish the shopping. I am looking forward to brunch at Jude's with the Longs and Auntie Kay and Uncle George. We have to get home earlish on Sunday since it's Tim's birthday. Good thing Will will be there or it would be just us and Tim, not much of a party.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Jeepers Mom. Way to give me a heart attack.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I vote repair!

Is there any chance I can borrow a vehicle of some kind to go shopping to Edmonton before Christmas? My friend Valerie is in town for a few days and I'd like to see her.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home