Friday, November 28, 2008

Bogged Down

I've been pretty much swallowed by school the last few weeks, feeling like I'm swimming through honey - I'm make progress, but its slow.  I had all my papers and assignments planned out, but I got a bit behind.  Right now I'm working on the longest paper that I've ever had to write (20 pages), but the assignment is clearly laid out, so that makes it a bit easier.  Lots of reading though! I've got to learn the greek alphabet, and how to transliterate greek characters into latin characters, but I have all next weekend to do that.  If, however, anyone wants to know the generic form for wonder stories (miracles) in ancient literature, just let me know!

 There are two upsides 1) I'm finished everything a week from Tuesday, so I'm going to Victoria for a few days, and then off to Rocky for a month and 2) If I do a lousy job on any of my papers, I get a chance to rewrite them in January.  It's a strange system, but I'm glad enough of the safety net.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I think that is a really interesting way to get you to work -- so it's not about the grade, but about learning how you do an excellent paper.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Will said...

The whole program is set up like that. At the end of it all you get a "narrative summary" of how your profs thought you did, what areas you need work on, what you do well, that sort of thing. It's an understanding that I'll take this degree back out into the workplace, where getting straight A's doesn't matter as much as knowing what I do/don't do well, how to identify those areas, and how to improve.

As part of it, they have a strict attendance policy- if you miss more than two classes, you have to do the whole class over again!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You're going to be spending more thinking about miracles than any of them took to carry out.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home