Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bursary!

I just found out that I received a bursary for half my tuition for this term from VST!  Apparently the school has pots of money in the bursary fund, and they are committed to spraying it around as much as possible.   This, along with the happy fact that I'm apparently entering a redundancy proof profession, means that today should be quite a good day.

I met my field placement supervisor today as well.  Field placement is like a practicum, I'll have one each year.  It's pretty low key the first year, 4-6 hours a week, starting in January.  I'm at a church near the campus, which is nice, so I can take one quick bus straight there, and not have to fiddle about with connections.  The rector, who will be supervising me, is very nice, and reminds me a bit of Dr. Laydon.  Anyway, the church seems quite good too, and the experience will be valuable, no doubt.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You are probably making as much money now as you will when you graduate.
I should check into working at Flinn's Funeral Home - Where Adventure Begins.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I love telling people about that sign!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

A tourist wrote a letter to the editor about it a while ago. They thought it was funny too.

3:57 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Does everyone line up to give you money, Will? Congrats

8:55 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

I WANT redundency !!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I don't want reduncency for 6 years, then bring it on!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That sign is unbelievable!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

I suppose "Where Adventure Ends" would be a bit macabre.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home