Sunday, September 21, 2008

Delayed

I am still at the airport, the flight has been delayed until 12:40 in the morning. So in spite of my thinking I would have tons of time to make the flight to Porto, I was wrong. I have called the hotel, and changed my check in date by a day, and I have a booked a hotel room near Heathrow. I tried to call and change my flight to Porto, but spent a bunch of time on hold, so I think I will just do it at the airport in London. Sigh, but on the upside, I am in the Air Canada Lounge and the drinks are free, so they may have to pour me on the plane, once it finally leaves.

In preparation for my trip, I bought a bunch of books (but I just realized that I left my guide book at home), bought Mad Men and Six Feet Under to watch, I have tunes on my iPod, so I am really pretty much set. The Air Canada lady told me that the plane has those Pod things in First Class, that turn into a bed, so I will be able to sleep, I think. Of course there were the people who are angry, about the delay, but I would rather have the plane be safe. I also received a voucher from AC to buy supper here, at the airport because of the delay.

Will post later, from London, and let you all know what the PODs were like.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

How can you be so calm?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Theresa, you should know it is all a facade and effexor. Between the two I appear calm, and I am not as stressed as I would have been pre-effexor.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home