Saturday, September 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Vacation

I am doing laundry right now, and now I have to decide what shoes I want to bring. I enjoyed my supper with Theresa on Thursday, nice to see her again. This has been my time for seeing relatives, yesterday I was downtown at the Bay, when I heard someone call my name, it was the Longs in for a flying trip. Then over to Sue and Mike's for supper, along with Allison and Grace. We saw some of their pictures from Italy, so that was cool.

I had decided to rent a car this weekend, so I could do some running around, before I leave, then drive myself to airport. I went downtown to pick up the car, and Hertz did not have a record of my reservation, and nothing available but a dirty van. I normally rent from National, but thought I would try something different, and it did not work out for me. So I walked down the street, to National and picked up a car, for less money and it was pretty new, only 700 ks on it.

I also had some good news this week, I received a Service Excellence Award. Lorrie called my manager, and said I deserved one, which was really great of her. She has been flat out trying to get everything with the project wrapped up, so for her to take the time to do this for me really meant a lot. It comes with money, which I got on my check yesterday, so the timing was really good.

I still can't believe I am leaving tomorrow, and will be gone for 3 weeks. Really looking forward to the break. When I get home I will on the GOA upgrade, so that means home for a year, with no work travel.

Have to go and switch up the laundry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Hope you are bringing your laptop so you can keep us posted.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Congrats on the Service Excellence Award! That's awesome. I hope you have a great trip,

10:50 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Bon voyage Jude - 3 weeks of relaxation and sun and sightseeing - wow! And congrats on the award - thats great and so is the $$ that go with it

10:53 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yay! You will have some extra cash to buy some nice souvenirs & tasty port.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Congrats on the award! Can't wait to see you.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Anne, would you give me your snail mail address, and I will send a pc from Portugal.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home