Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Went to see Spamalot last night, and came out humming. I had forgotten how much I like Monty Python. One of the guys in the office recommended a restaurant right next to the theatre, and I had one of the best meals I have had in TO, lamb for the main, and a peach cobbler with homemade icecream for dessert, really yummy.

Not too much happening at work, at least for me. I am helping out a bit with the questions that come in, trying to finish up some reports, feels a lot less stressful than two weeks ago.

Sam and Grace and Allison and Todd came over for supper last weekend. It was good to see everyone again. I was not too sure about Todd, whether he would make it or not (everytime I invite him, something comes up and he can't make it) and when Allison arrived without him, and I thought ok thats it, no more invitations for Mr Janes. But in the end he arrived for supper just in time, so I guess I will invite him again. Sam and Grace seem to be pretty busy, with school, and work

I was talking to Vicky and she said that they have approved the request to have me work on the GOA upgrade, so that means a year at home, which will be good. they have said implementation is due at the end of the summer next year, so that means I should still be able to go to Scotland, with everyone next fall.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

When will you be done in Toronto?

10:33 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

I just heard from cousin Hugh that cousin Lori Lane (do you remember her from the reunion, Jude?) is gravely ill - it does not sound good - such a nice person, very sad
Jim and Sanhdi have been here for a few days and we're having a good visit - she's very nice - they leave tomorrow for Nakusp, then home - its ben great to see them

11:08 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

My last day here is Sept 18, time seems to be going quickly.

That is very sad news about Lori, did he say what the illness is? I really liked her and her sister Bea, had some nice talks with them.

Say hi to Jim and Sandi.

2:23 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Hugh di not say what Lori's illness was - just that Ardell had called him with the news.
Great that you will bw available for Scotland!
Heard from Stan - he's scheduled for a colostomy on Nov 14

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home