Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Long First Day Back

Although coming back to work after 2 weeks' vacation doesn't suck as much as 1 week, the day does seem long. When do I get to take my nap again?!

Winnipeg Folk Festival was very good times. It was cruddy weather the Friday & Saturday, but although we all left the site early on Friday, I was the sole person of our little team to stay for Saturday, because I wanted to see Calexico. Worth it. Jim White was excellent -- he will be good in Edmonton's festival, I think. Some other highlights: The Acorn, Apostle of Hustle, Forro in the Dark, Basia Bulat.

Kirsten and I took turns driving back and did the trip in one day. Went surprisingly fast. And Isaac was quite good during the 12 hours in car. I've never done one of those long drives with a kid (except when I was one).

Cats are super clingy and chirpy now that I am home. Lettuce and swiss chard coming up on the front step, and tomatoes slowly growing (though not ripening yet). Haven't been to the other garden to see what's what. I imagine I'll have lots of weeds that are flourishing.

I'll be going to the Calgary folk fest, since Kirsten is going & I managed to secure a ticket. This is a Good Music Summer.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I'm getting too old for Folkfest. I've never heard on any of those artists. Are any of them tired young female singer-songwriters?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Basia Bulat might fall into this category, but I do think she's got more spirit than many. Plus, she plays a zither!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home